How Solar Works – Solar Panels and Power
The following pages are designed to provide you with all the information you need to consider whether solar is right for your home. If you already know home solar basics and just want to find out how much it would cost to go solar through , sign up on our site and we’ll provide you with a free, customized estimate.
- How Solar Panels Work
- The Different Types of Solar Panels
- Solar Panel Efficiency and the Factors that Affect it
- Solar Equipment: Inverters, Solar Panels, and Sunlight. What else do you need?
- The Nitty-Gritty on Solar Roofing
- The Truth about Solar Batteries and Battery Back-up Systems
- Solar Maintenance & Monitoring: A Five-Minute Guide
- 12 Ways to Increase Home Energy Efficiency Before Installing Solar Panels
- Solar Economics: How Much Solar Costs and Its Financial Benefits
- Solar Performance Guarantees and how they work
- Microinverters explained
- How net metering works
- Cleaning Solar Panels
- Solar Power FAQ
- Solar Power Video FAQ
- Top 10 Solar Myths
- How Solar Panels Add Value to your Home
- Solar Webinars
- Solar Videos
- Take our Solar Quiz
As you read this guide, bear in mind there is no one-size-fits-all solar system. Your neighbor might have an identical home, but your rooftops may differ in terms of the amount of sunlight and shade each one receives. You may also have different power needs. For example, you may have a hot tub, a utility freezer, and an electric car (all big energy draws) while your neighbor may have none of these things. Despite such differences, there are many commonalities in the solar process, and that’s what we discuss in the above pages. Again, if you just want to know how much solar would cost for your home, sign up for and we’ll provide you with a free, customized solar estimate.