The top 18 questions homeowners ask about solarBy Matthew Wheeland - October 5, 2012
*Last Modified: June 6th, 2014
I went around and asked 18 employees to give me a question that they answer every single day with solar customers. Together as a company we probably answer these questions clost to thousands of times a week, so I figured I’d bang out all the questions in individual helpful videos with straight-shooting answers.
Here they are:
Full list of questions
- 1. Does my solar power work if the power goes out?
- 2. How long does solar power take to install on my house?
- 3. Should I buy American made solar panels?
- 4. Do I need to replace my roof before I put solar power on my house?
- 5. Can I buy solar panels and put them up myself? (DIY Solar)
- 6. What is thin film solar power and should I use it on my house?
- 7. Why do you need my electricity usage to design a solar system for my house?
- 8. How does the ownership of a solar power system work on a house?
- 9. How much does solar power cost?
- 10. Where is pay-as-you-go solar, like a lease or a PPA, available?
- 11. What happens after a solar lease or PPA agreement ends?
- 12. What happens to my pay-as-you-go solar power agreement if I move?
- 13. Which solar panels are the best?
- 14. How much does an individual solar panel cost?
- 15. Will solar power change my gas bill or just the electric bill?
- 16. What is the difference between a kilowatt and a kilowatt-hour?
- 17. How much will solar save me if I put it on my house?
- 18. What does Do?
18. What does Do?
By Dave Llorens